Avocanana Bread (Toddler friendly, sugar and oil free)
My dear son has brought me to a whole new level in the baking world—baking without oil/butter and sugar! All my creative juice had went to cooking for him using real fruits as sugar substitution plus using all those fancy healthy ingredients such as chia seeds, flax seeds and quinoa.
I would never thought of using Avocado as butter substitute if it wasn’t baking for my dear son. Now I know it’s possible! Quick bread is definitely one of the most forgiving kind of baked goods, you can pretty much throw in anything you want!
Servings: 2 tiny loaves
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 banana, mashed
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 3 dates, mashed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160Celsius / 320F and grease the loaf pan.
- Place the avocado into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, process until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked through in the middle and starts to come away from the sides of the tin. If the top of the cake is browning too quickly cover with foil.
- Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.